Portland, OR- Multnomah County District Court Judge Bryan Francesconi sentenced 43-year-old Felix Juarez-Perez to 23 years in prison for the death of Taysean Nash.
Juarez-Perez pled guilty to one count of Manslaughter in the First Degree, one count of Assault in the First Degree with a Firearm and one count of Unlawful Use of a Weapon.
Multnomah County Senior Deputy District Attorney Kristen Kyle-Castelli prosecuted the case for the state. After the sentencing she said:
“Taysean Nash was killed in a senseless act of violence. Mr. Nash’s murder has left a void in the lives of his family and friends. His family has shown incredible resilience and has supported each other as they cope with this tragedy.”
The District Attorney’s Office would like to thank the Portland Police Bureau and Detective Calvin Goldring for their excellent investigation of this case.
We would also like to highlight the work of MCDA Victim Advocate Allison Miller and thank them for the care and compassion they extended to the victims in this case.
THE FACTS:
On September 19, 2024 surveillance video captured the shooting and killing of Taysean Nash on a Tri-Met platform at SE 148th and Burnside. After reviewing video and pictures, police identified Juarez-Perez as the shooter. The defendant told police he had been fronting the victim drugs and went to confront the victim about not paying. Police say he admitted shooting and then pistol whipping the victim.
###MCDA###

