PORTLAND, Ore. — NW Natural employees, customers and shareholders contributed $163,000 to the Gas Assistance Program this past year to help low-income families and seniors pay their winter heating bills.
“The Gas Assistance Program is a critical resource for those in our community who need help with winter heating costs,” said Mary Moerlins, NW Natural director of Environmental Policy & Corporate Responsibility. “We’re so grateful to those who donated last year to help their neighbors in need and look forward to helping make a difference during this year’s giving season, which is now underway.”
NW Natural covers all the program’s administrative costs so 100% of the funds can be donated to recipients. Since it began in 1982, NW Natural’s GAP has raised more than $6.5 million for community action groups that distribute the funds directly to those in need.
This year’s GAP giving season is now open through Aug. 31, 2022. NW Natural shareholders will match the first $60,000 in contributions to this year’s program, including matching NW Natural employee and retiree gifts to the program during the company’s annual employee giving campaign.
Tax-deductible donations can be made via United Way at connect.unitedway-pdx.org/GAP or mailing a check to: Gas Assistance Program, PO Box 35143 #4406, Seattle, WA 98124-5143.
Donation funds are distributed to the following community action networks, which screen all low-income recipients:
- Clackamas County Social Services Division — Clackamas County
- Clark Public Utilities District — Clark County
- Community Action Organization — Washington County
- Community Action Team, Inc. — Clatsop and Columbia Counties
- Community Services Consortium — Benton, Lincoln and Linn Counties
- Human Solutions, Inc. — Multnomah County
- Impact Northwest — Multnomah County
- Lane County Human Services Commission — Lane County
- Mid-Columbia Community Action Council — Hood River, Wasco and Sherman Counties
- Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action — Marion and Polk Counties
- Self Enhancement, Inc. — Multnomah County
- Yamhill Community Action Partnership — Yamhill County
About NW Natural
NW Natural is a local distribution company that currently provides natural gas service to approximately 2.5 million people in more than 140 communities through more than 780,000 meters in Oregon and Southwest Washington with one of the most modern pipeline systems in the nation. NW Natural consistently leads the industry with high J.D. Power & Associates customer satisfaction scores. NW Natural, a part of Northwest Natural Holding Company, (NYSE: NWN) (NW Natural Holdings), is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, and has been doing business for more than 160 years. NW Holdings owns NW Natural, NW Natural Water Company (NW Natural Water), and other business interests. We have a longstanding commitment to safety, environmental stewardship, and taking care of our employees and communities, learn more in our latest ESG Report.