Guidance on Temporary Tent Structures

Olympia – As businesses and residents look for alternatives to indoor dining or gatherings around Washington State, they may be considering erecting tents or other temporary structures. 

The State Fire Marshal’s Office encourages individuals to contact their local fire agency with any question or concern regarding fire and life safety requirements.  Depending on the specific situations, a permit or other requirements may apply.

For further information about these recommendations, contact the State Fire Marshal’s Office at (360) 596-3929.