Second press release 9/29:
Sadly, we are reporting a sixth death of a Wasco County resident from COVID-19. The person, who was a resident of Flagstone Senior Living, died Sept. 28. Two other residents of Flagstone, which is experiencing an outbreak, died over the weekend from COVID.
We extend our deepest sympathy to the person’s family and friends and all others affected by these tragic losses. At this time of grief, we remind all to respect the privacy of those involved.
We ask the public to remember to take these basic steps to protect those most at risk:
- wear masks in public settings and when around people outside of your household.
- Clean your hands often, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people (at least 6 feet).
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
For more information on COVID data and guidelines, visit the Oregon Health Authority’s COVID-19 updates page, at https://govstatus.egov.com/OR-OHA-COVID-19, or visit the Wasco, Gilliam, Sherman COVID-19 updates website, at https://wascoshermangilliamcovid-19.com/.
First press release 9/29:
It is with great sadness that we report two Wasco County residents passed away, on Sept. 26 and Sept. 27, from complications of COVID-19. We extend our deepest sympathy to their families and friends.
Both were residents of Flagstone Senior Living, which is experiencing an outbreak of COVID. At this time of grief, we remind all to respect the privacy of those involved.
We call upon the compassion, strength and determination of the people of Wasco, Sherman and Gilliam counties as we resolve to remain united in our efforts to protect the health and well-being of all residents.