Starting today, Oregon Governor Kate Brown has required all persons entering indoor public places to wear face masks in Hood River, Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington, Marion, Polk & Lincoln Counties.
In Washington State, the following press release notes it will be a Statewide Order on Face Coverings:
KLICKITAT COUNTY – The Emergency Operations Center in Unified Command with the Klickitat County Public Health Department would like to update our county residents with some important information. Washington Governor, Jay Inslee announced this afternoon that effective Friday June 26, 2020 face coverings will be required to be worn statewide inside public places including stores, offices and restaurants. The order also requires face coverings be worn when outdoors if you can’t stay 6 feet apart from people who are not in your household.
We want to thank our residents who have been practicing these same precautions for a few months now to slow the spread and be a part of the solution.
The latest order includes the following:
- Anyone age 5 years and older is required to wear a face covering while in public
- Children between the ages of 3-5 are exempt from this guidance, however it is recommend they wear masks when in public and as tolerated
- Children age 2 and under are not required or recommended to wear any face covering
- Exemptions for certain disabilities and medical conditions are included in the order
- Exemptions for certain activities such as while eating at a restaurant or recreating alone
- In Yakima County the order will bar any business from operating or allowing any customers from entering without a facial covering, with the same exemptions as above
Businesses, cities, counties and states have been making similar mandates throughout the United States recently. We ask you to continue to do your part in helping slow the spread of this disease until a vaccine can be made available.
One local resource for cloth masks is www.gorgecrisisinnovation.com/cloth-mask-requests For information on this order please go to
Be a Part of the Solution