The Dalles, OR (May 22, 2020) – The Salvation Army Thrift Store in The Dalles will reopen on June 1, 2020. The Salvation Army will be following Phase 1 reopening guidelines provided by the State of Oregon for retail stores. The following steps are being taken as The Salvation Army moves forward:
WHAT STEPS ARE YOU TAKING IN THE DALLES
- Sneeze/face shields (the acrylic shields) placed at each cashier station
- The double doors to the front of the store are being identified as one direction only for the entrance and exit
- Social distancing signs are being positioned throughout the store on the walls and floor
- We are installing a hand sanitizer station at the entrance of the store.
- The dressing rooms will remain closed and unavailable to customers
- The bathrooms will remain closed and unavailable to customers
- Donors will not be allowed to come into the back/donation receiving area
- Regular routine sanitizing of the doors, handles, carts, etc.. will be conducted throughout the day.
- All employees are required to wear masks.
“The Salvation Army in The Dalles is committed to keeping our customers and community safe,” said Captain Ray Morris, Corps Officer for The Salvation Army in The Dalles.
These are challenging and uncertain times for us all. Be assured, The Salvation Army in The Dalles is hard at work to meet the needs of our community by providing food to the hungry and sharing hope in the place of fear.
Food Boxes will continue to be available at 623 E 3rd St.
Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 1 PM to 3 PM
Tuesday & Thursday from 3 PM to 6 PM
The Salvation Army continues to serve the most vulnerable communities around Oregon. Since March 14, The Salvation Army across Oregon has provided:
- Meals: 52,388
- Beverages: 50,644
- Snacks: 34,971
- Food boxes: 37,416
- Sheltered Individuals: 10,660
- Spiritual Contacts: 22,304
This crisis is stretching our resources, and we need your help. Give now at thedalles.salvationarmy.org