Join us Saturday, May 4 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Water’s Health and Wellness Center for Survivorfest 2019. Hosted by the Columbia Gorge Survivorship Council, the free event will feature aromatherapy, yoga, mini massages, makeup tips and more.
Attendees will enjoy entertainment by local singer/songwriter Joshua Cox and guest speaker Mack Dryden, a writer, comedian, and actor who has appeared several times on The Tonight Show, acted in shows such as The Guardian and Jag, survived a terrifying stay in an African prison and two different types of cancer.
Learn what to put on your skin after cancer treatment, get educated about cannabis and explore the benefits of acupuncture. The uplifting and informative event includes:
- Guest Speaker, Mack Dryden: Live Happy, Laugh Loud
- Local singer/songwriter Joshua Cox
- Aromatherapy, yoga, and mini massages
- Oncology Certified Esthetician, Annette Scott. Skin care after cancer treatment.
- Genetics 101: Your Genes and Mine Aren’t the Same
- Skin cancer prevention and skin cancer screening
- Take a walk through the colon
- Learn about the benefits of acupuncture
- Learn about the Blue Zone Project® and the health of our community
- Smoking Cessation Resources
- Get to know cancer and cannabis
- Get your insurance FAQs answered
- Cancer survivor stories, raffles, and much more!
The Columbia Gorge Survivorship Council is a grassroots, volunteer effort of the Celilo Cancer Center staff.
Survivorfest 2019 takes place Saturday, May 4 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Water’s Edge Health & Wellness Center at 551 Lone Pine Blvd. in The Dalles.