Canadian police say lockdown over after shooting

FREDERICTON, New Brunswick (AP) — Police in Canada say there is no further threat to the public after four people were killed in a shooting in the eastern province of New Brunswick. A lockdown is over, but no motive for the incident was given.

Local health authorities said the Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital is treating multiple people.

Earlier on Friday, Fredericton police said that two of those killed were police officers.

No additional details were immediately released, and police said they are not releasing the names of the slain officers yet.