Next week the City of The Dalles Public Works Department will move on to the next phase of several pavement preservation projects. City transportation crews will return to complete work on several streets that were prepared for chip sealing earlier this spring.
Full road closures will be in effect for chip sealing activities from 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on the following days and at the listed locations (subject to change). Motorists are required to park vehicles outside of the work zone during work hours.
Monday June 4, 2018 (see maps for details):
- E 15th and E 16th St. between Thompson St. and Morton St.
- E 16th between Golden Way and Oakwood Dr.
- Quinton St. between E 10th and E 16th St.
- Oregon St. between E 9th and E 19th St.
- E 12th between Dry Hollow Rd. and Thompson St.
Tuesday June 5, 2018 (see maps for details):
- E 9th between H St. and E 10th St.
- Riverview St. between E 13th and E 17th St.
- W 10th between Cherry Heights St. and Union St.
Wednesday June 6, 2018 (see maps for details):
- Vey Wey between W 8th and W 10th St.
- W 9th between Court St. and the Mill Creek Bridge
- W 8th between Cherry Heights St. and Webber St.
- W 1st between Webber St. and the railroad side track by the Oregon Cherry Growers facility
Thursday June 7, 2018 (see maps for details):
- Terminal Way between Bargeway Rd. and W 1st
- Bargeway Rd. between Webber St. and Terminal Way.
The purpose of these projects is to extend the service life of the pavement structure.
Please proceed with caution in these areas during construction times and observe all temporary traffic control devices. Thank you for your patience during this work.
If you have questions, please contact the Public Works Department at (541) 296-5401.
Click on the link below to see maps of the project: