Sometime during the overnight hours of July 10th 2017, unknown persons forced entry into Station 32. This is an unoccupied station that houses one engine, one water tender, and one brush/EMS vehicle. Station 32 (Cherry Lane) is supported by 10 volunteer firefighter/EMT’s and covers the community of Snowden, down to the boarder of the City of White Salmon and areas in to Husum and BZ Corners.
At 04:20 hours on July 11th, firefighter’s arriving to their assigned station to retrieve fire trucks needed for a small brush fire (started by fireworks) noticed that all three vehicles had equipment strewn about on the floor of the truck bay, compartment doors were open and several items were missing. After returning from the assignment an inventory was taken and stolen items are as follows:
1. 1 MSA thermal imaging camera and base charger removed from engine compartment. Used value $1500.00
2. 1 Physio Control Automatic External Defibrillator removed from EMS vehicle. Used value $1750.00
3. 1 Dewault extrication sawzall, chargers and blades removed from rescue equipment cabinet. Used value $500.00 with accessories.
4. 3 Firefighter portable flashlights removed from apparatus and individual self contained breathing apparatus units. $300.00
5. 1 Stihl weed trimmer removed from utility area of the station. $150.00
We ask that if anyone has information about vehicles or pedestrians in the vicinity of this facility, please contact the Klickitat County Sherriff’s Office immediately.
Fire District #3 is a small agency with limited ability to fund critical equipment, facilities and other items. We cherish our volunteer members who are skilled and extremely committed. Having life-saving equipment stolen from our citizens is extremely difficult to comprehend and has created a huge financial burden during a time when we are hosting a significant Wildland fire in our jurisdiction.
Wesley W. Long – Fire Chief