Oregon’s oldest bookstore is excited to host the Northwest Author Festival on Saturday, October 21st, 2017, from 2-5PM. This annual celebration features authors who live and write here in the Pacific Northwest.
The store will be a buzz with thirteen visiting authors, each with a new title to celebrate. Gathered at Klindt’s Books on this one day, authors will be located throughout the store where readers will have a chance to visit with them, have books personally signed, discuss their writing process, and answer any questions.
With authors spanning multiple genres, from local history to cooking, from science fiction to murder mystery there will be something for readers of all ages to enjoy. Our 2017 line-up includes:
- Peggy Childs. A Trip to Siberia. Memoir.
- David Childs. Searching for Water, Willows & Wisdom. Personal Essay.
- Bibi Gaston. Gifford Pinchot and the First Foresters. Regional History.
- Jesse Edward Johnson. Yearbook. Young Adult.
- Mike Lawrence. Star Scouts. Middle Grade Graphic Novel.
- Fonda Lee. Jade City. Fantasy/ Sci-fi.
- Kathy McCullough. Ups and Downs. Memoir.
- Louisa Morgan. A Secret History of Witches. Historical Fiction.
- Kim O’Donnel. PNW Veg. Cooking.
- Melissa Eskue Ousley. Pitcher Plant. Mystery/Thriller.
- Ruth Wariner. The Sound of Gravel. Memoir.
- Mike & Kristy Westby. Oregon Road Trips. Travel.
- Karen Spears Zacharias. Christian Bend. Fiction.
Authors are happy to write personal messages in books so this a great opportunity to get a head start on your holiday shopping list. We hope you can join us for the Northwest Author Festival on October 21st from 2-5PM at Klindt’s Booksellers. The event is free and open to the public.